We are having a ProCard/GoCard Workshop on Friday, July 28th from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. via Zoom.
New and current cardholders are encouraged to attend when they need assistance or have questions about the ProCard/GoCard. If you are interested in joining the session, you’ll need to register by 5pm on Thursday, July 27th. Please keep in mind the first 30 minutes of the workshop will provide an overview of the reconciliation. After the overview, the workshop is opened for cardholders to ask questions or seek assistance in completing their reconciliation.
To employees responsible for budget and financial management functions, fiscal year 2022-2023 is now closed in CFS (Common Financial System). The CFS Data Warehouse may be utilized to report on the full year of 2022-23 fiscal activity. All future transactions and budget transfers will be directed to the open fiscal year, 2023-24.
On July 18, 2023, Attorney General Robert Bona announced that Missouri, Nebraska, and Wyoming will be added to the list of banned travel states. These states have been added to Assembly Bill 1887, the law restricting the funding or sponsoring of state business travel to states with discriminatory laws.
The current list of restricted states are as follows:
- Missouri (as of August 28, 2023)
- Nebraska (as of October 1, 2023)
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
- Wyoming (as of July 14, 2023)
As of January 1, 2017, the CSU Travel Policy and Procedures has been revised to comply with Assembly Bill 1887, which added Section 11139.8 to the Government Code relating to discrimination and was approved by the governor in September, 2016. As a result of this law, it has been determined that SJSU is restricted from requiring employees to travel to certain states, and is prohibited from approving funding or sponsoring travel to those states with laws enacted to void or repeal discrimination protections, or, to authorize or require discrimination.
Exceptions to the prohibitions that may be granted, and of note to SJSU, include the following (see SJSU Travel Guide for the complete list):
- To meet contractual obligations incurred before January 1, 2017.
- To participate in meetings or training required by a grant or required to maintain grant funding.
- For the protection of public health, welfare, or safety, as determined by the CSU or other state agencies.
- The list of affected states is maintained on the California State Attorney General website, State of California Department of Justice. Travelers and approvers are advised to check the website when planning or approving out-of-state travel. Auxiliary funds may be used for travel to restricted states.
If you have any questions, please contact FinanceConnect at email@example.com or 408-924-1558.
SJSU Travel Guide
CSU Travel Procedures
Assembly Bill 1887
Office of the Attorney General