Please be advised that due to delays in their service schedule, the US Postal Service was late in delivering today’s mail. We will attempt to deliver the USPS mail this afternoon; but, if we are unable to reach all departments, some mail deliveries will be delayed until tomorrow morning.
Everyone who uses our Financial Transaction Services (FTS) system is familiar with the ability to upload and view support documents for Requisitions, Direct Payment and Employee/Student Reimbursement requests. However, you may not be familiar with the imaging system we currently use to store and retrieve those documents. As this system has gone way beyond its expected lifespan, we have been working to get its replacement system up and running.
Introducing, OnBase, our new imaging system to store and retrieve electronic documents with more detailed labeling and cross-referencing capabilities. OnBase also provides increased flexibility in managing workflows for Accounts Payable and Purchasing processes.
Integrating OnBase with FTS means you’ll see:
- A defined ‘File Upload’ section, including a drop-down list of document types to identify the attachments you intend to upload to Requisitions, Direct Payment and Employee/Student Reimbursement requests.
- Specifications for file upload size and type, along with browser compatibility information.
- A defined ‘Support Documents’ section, containing a single link to view both the Requisition and the related e-Invoice (PO invoice) documents.
Using OnBase to manage our workflows means you can:
- Reply directly to AP e-Invoice email notifications for action – no more copying text over to a new email in order to respond with your invoice approvals to pay, or receipt information!
- Email notifications for both e-Invoice and created purchase orders will include a copy of the specified document rather than a hyperlink to click on in order to obtain a copy for your records.
As we carry-on with our implementation of OnBase and its many possibilities, you will continue to see and experience the advantages this new system can provide. Please watch for a September email from FinanceConnect for go-live information.
For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of July 2016 is now closed in CFS.
This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with a July journal date. July transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the journal date must be 8/1/2016 or later. The current period open is August 2016.