For employees who track or manage department budgets, please note that the month of March 2016 is now closed in CFS.
This means that the General Ledger (GL) system will not accept any more entries with a March journal date. March transactions can still be entered into the GL system, but the journal date must be 4/1/2016 or later. The current period open is April 2016.
The CSU is upgrading the current Common Financial System (CFS) 9.2 with Maintenance Pack 2.0. This is a systemwide implementation which will allow us to continue operating within an Oracle-supported CFS version, scheduled to go-live the morning of Monday, April 25, 2016.
In order to accommodate the upgrade, the CFS system will be unavailable to all campuses starting from 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 21 until 8:00 a.m. on Monday morning, April 25.
How will the CFS shutdown affect campus users?
- Financial Transaction Services (FTS) will be available for users to view, create, submit, and approve transactions. The FTS transactions will be on hold from distribution into CFS until the system is available again.
- The CFS Data Warehouse will be unavailable starting at 8:00pm on Wednesday, April 20, through to Monday, April 25 at 8:00am. Please note that the data warehouse downtime window starts earlier than the CFS 9.2 system downtime.
To minimize disruptions to the campus:
- Contracts and Purchasing Services will monitor submitted requisitions in FTS and issue manual purchase orders for requests requiring immediate attention, if necessary.
- Accounts Payable will be available to issue checks should there be any urgent requests on Friday, April 22. Please contact Kim Gamblin at ext. 4-1659, or FinanceConnect at ext. 4-1558.
- Bursar’s Office will continue to process student fees, deposits, and payments during the downtime; these transactions will be posted to department accounts once CFS 9.2 is available again.
To summarize the impact during the CFS downtime:
- Requisitions will be reviewed and purchase orders will be created manually for requests needing immediate attention.
- Checks can be issued by Accounts Payable if absolutely necessary. For payment requests requiring immediate attention, please contact Kim Gamblin at ext. 4-1659 or FinanceConnect at ext. 4-1558.
- Receipts or inspections cannot be entered.
- Budget and expenditure transfers will not be posted.
- Purchase Order encumbrances will not be posted.
- Change Order Requests will be processed within the normal 5 – 7 day time frame.
Please forward this announcement to staff and faculty in your area, as needed.
The FTS system will be unavailable during maintenance tonight, April 11 from 8:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.