Information regarding accessibility is described when available. Free resources are noted.
- Skin, Tooth, and Bone: The Basis of Movement is Our People by Sins Invalid. $7 for digital download, which is compatible with screen readers.
- Disability in higher education : A social justice approach by Nancy J. Evans, Ellen M. Broido, Kirsten R. Brown, Autumn K. Wilke. E-book is free when accessed via SJSU library.
- Academic Ableism: Disability and Higher Education by Jay Timothy Dolmage “brings together disability studies and institutional critique to recognize the ways that disability is composed in and by higher education”.
Free electronic access is provided via the publisher, Kindle, JSTOR, and other electronic formats. Free audio download is provided via the publisher, although it is necessary to click ‘add to cart’ and complete the checkout process. This involves providing your email and mailing address in order to receive the free download. It is available as an iTunes audiobook or an MP3 zip file.
- Disability Visibility: First-Person Stories from the Twenty-First Century by Alice Wong. E-book is free when accessed via SJSU library. Find information about accessible versions here.
- The Right to Maim: Debility, Capacity, Disabilityby Jasbir Puar
- Brilliant Imperfection: Grappling with Cure by Eli Clare
- Hutcheon, E. J., & Wolbring, G. (2012). Voices of “disabled” post secondary students: Examining higher education “disability” policy using an ableism lens. Journal of Diversity in Higher Education, 5(1), 39–49. https://doi-org.libaccess.sjlibrary.org/10.1037/a0027002
Free when accessed via SJSU library.