Students in the College of Applied Sciences and Arts have the opportunity to participate in 10 faculty-led study abroad programs this summer including programs in Turkey, Spain, France, Grenada and other countries (some courses are still pending approval.)
Program details can be found at a new website launched by the College of Applied Sciences and Arts that is devoted to its International Experience Initiative.
The website is part of an effort to inform incoming students of a new requirement for students enrolling in Fall 2015 and later in the School of Journalism and Mass Communications, the Valley Foundation School of Nursing and the Department of Occupational Therapy, and the School of Information starting in Spring 2015 to have an international experience before they graduate. The four departments and schools are piloting the initiative with plans to expand to all the schools and departments in the College in future years.
The newly launched website has a description of the types of study abroad that will be accepted as well as contact information for advisers who will be able to answer questions students might have.
Some of the suggested ways to meet the requirement include:
- SJSU Semester Exchange Program (Semester or Academic Year, some summer only available)
- SJSU Faculty Led Program through College of International and Extended Studies (Semester, Summer, Winter & Spring Break)
- CSU International Program (Full Academic Year)
- Academic program through an international university
- Study abroad program through another university or a community college
- Approved Independent Study Abroad Program
For more on the programs, visit the new website at: http://www.sjsu.edu/casa/international-experience/