To help colleges and departments manage their faculty’s start-up funds, ABSO is introducing a new dashboard, where start-up account information can easily be retrieved by DeptID, Department, College, Faculty Name, or Class Code.
What does the new Start-Up Summary dashboard show?
- General faculty information
- Original spend deadline date; possible values include:
- Absolute date = date given in offer letter
- N/A = not specified. For more information, consult your Dean’s office.
- End of Probation = funds are available until the end of the faculty’s probation period
- Extended spend deadline date; possible values include:
- Absolute date = approved extension date
- Blank = no request for an extension was submitted, or an extension was not approved
- Expired/Depleted status – “No” or “Yes”
By design, start-up fund balances are not displayed in this dashboard. To find the balance, use Data Warehouse.
When is the dashboard updated?
- When new start up accounts are established
- When the expired status changes from No to Yes
New start-up accounts shown in the dashboard may take an additional day or two to show in Data Warehouse.
How to navigate there:
- On the AA Resource Hub, on the top menu bar, select “Budget and Finance”.
- Under Faculty Start-Up, select “Faculty Start-Up Expiration Dates”.
Did you know…?
Earlier this week, ABSO announced a new DocuSign template to facilitate the approval process for extending faculty start-up funds. Please refer to the Faculty Startup page on the Hub for more information.