4 thoughts on “Signs Preceding the End of the World

1. While very interesting and telling a compelling story of a family split by illegal immigration, it would not be a good selection for the campus reading program. The way the novel is written it requires a lot of interpretation. A student would benefit by substantial guidance and discussion throughout the book. Without that guidance I feel that many students would give up. Worth a read. At only 107 pages, it won’t take you long.

2. Kathleen McSharry

This is a wonderful novel that would be suitable for teaching in a structured classroom setting. I do not believe it would work well in the campus reading program because it does require so much contextual information for readers.

3. I think this book will be difficult for students to get into as it requires a fair amount of patience and interpretation. I would not recommend this given better choices on the list.

4. Lina Anastasovitou

This is a great story with contemporary context but very depressing. I could not find anything in the book that would have the potential to empower students. Therefore, I do not recommend it for a campus read.