More than 3,500 admitted students and 7,000 family members attended Admitted Spartan Day on April 12. This year’s annual event included a keynote address by SJSU alumnus and Mayor Evan Low of Campbell as well as campus tours, informational workshops and a campus resource fair comprised of 85 departments and student organizations. Over 250 campus community members welcomed our newly admitted class to campus.
This week, more than 28,000 high school and community college students across the country are ripping open envelopes arriving in the mail to find inside a “Certificate of Admission.”
It’s that time of year again, when San Jose State says yes to its incoming class of freshmen and transfers.
Follow the Enrollment Services’ Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts as these newly admitted students post pictures of themselves with their certificates to win the “Spartan Swag Photo Contest.”
The new admits hail from all over California plus 39 more states, Guam and Puerto Rico. The largest number of admitted out-of-state students are from Hawaii, Washington and Texas.
SJSU will continue to accept international applications through April 1. Admitted Spartan Day–one more chance to visit before the big decision–will be April 12.
The deadline to say yes to SJSU is May 1. Keep in mind these are provisional admissions. All candidates are subject to verification of California State University eligibility via final transcripts.
Everyone attends transfer orientation beginning in April or freshmen orientation beginning in June. If last fall is any indication, expect more than 3,600 new freshmen and 3,700 new transfers on the first day of classes August 25.
More than 90 percent will be Californians, with the remaining 10 percent coming here from other states and countries.
Of course, there is a long road ahead for these new Spartans but it’s worth it. Also in the mail this week? Diplomas to fall 2013 graduates.