SAN JOSE, CA – More than 2,200 fall graduates of San Jose State University are expected to be in attendance at five separate fall commencement ceremonies, with more than 4,300 total graduates from summer and fall semesters being celebrated and honored.
The events take place Dec. 18 and 19 on the SJSU campus at the Provident Credit Union Event Center:
Wednesday, December 18
- 9:30 a.m. College of Science and College of Social Sciences
- 2 p.m. Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering
- 7 p.m. Connie L. Lurie College of Education and College of Humanities and the Arts
Thursday, December 19
A live stream of each of the five ceremonies will be provided.
SJSU’s Class of Fall 2019
There will be 2,226 graduates in attendance at the two days of fall commencement ceremonies. Additional highlights:
- Of the 1,261 master’s degrees expected to be conferred for summer and fall of this year, 339 will participate in fall commencement ceremonies this week.
- The university will graduate 513 new business professionals, 130 future educators, 519 new engineers, 276 health and human sciences future professionals, 206 humanities and arts graduates, 168 new scientists and 414 new social scientists.
- The Lucas College and Graduate School of Business ceremony will feature remarks by alumna Sara Macdonald,’04 Accounting, currently a partner in the San Jose office of Ernst and Young and a veteran of the U.S. Air Force.
- The speaker at the Connie L. Lurie College of Education ceremony will be Megan Nebesnick, ’17 Liberal Studies, a master’s student graduating this fall from the Lurie College.
- At the Charles W. Davidson College of Engineering ceremony, Michael Grace will be the featured speaker. Grace, ’12 Mechanical Engineering, is currently a research and development mechanical systems engineer at Applied Materials and worked previously at Lockheed Martin Space Systems as a control system hardware engineer.
- The College of Health and Human Sciences featured speaker will be student Markis Derr, graduating this year in public health.
San Jose State has a total of 4,377 graduates in the class of 2019’s summer and fall semesters.