Welcome from the Director…

Photo: Carrie Medders - Director, CMS Project Office

Carrie Medders - Director

Thanks for checking out the CMS Information blog!

As the Director of the CMS Project Office I may jump over here now and then to give you some updates I think are important. I’m excited to be back at SJSU after a 2 1/2 year stint at CSU East Bay. It’s been great getting reacquainted with the campus and I look forward to working with many of you as we move forward.

I’ve spent a lot of my time over the last couple of months talking to folks all across campus and gathering feedback on a wide variety of topics from communication to training to why I don’t wear flip flops every day like I used to.

One thing I’ve heard on a fairly consistent basis is how hard it can be to find what you’re looking for on the MySJSU website and I wanted to let you know that I heard you. On Friday, August 19, you will see some significant changes to MySJSU and I am confident it will make your experience on our site a more effective one.

Here’s what you can expect to see:

• Fewer main categories – The main navigational bar will include About Us, Employees, Job Applicants, Students and Help.
  • Consolidated Employees information – The Databases and Forms sections will be moved to the Employees area and the Databases section will be renamed Apps/Databases.
  • Consolidated Help information – The Technical section will be renamed Help and will include help with login and browsers, as it does now, along with links to online tutorials (pdf documents, online quick steps, etc.) for help with MySJSU or other systems we support. Tutorials will be more effectively organized by the type of action you need to take. There will also be links to the tutorials in the Student, Employee and Job Applicants sections as well as the Quick Links area.

I am thankful to everyone that took time to provide feedback on MySJSU. Many of these changes are a direct result of your input. There will be some additional changes in March of next year as the site moves to the new campus template, and I will be soliciting additional feedback between now and then.

If you have any questions about these changes, or anything else CMS related, please contact the CMS Help Desk (408-924-1530 or cmshelp@sjsu.edu).

Until next time…

3 thoughts on “Welcome from the Director…

1. Welcome Back! Thanks for the update.

2. Welcome back! Missing the flip-flops.

3. Natalie Harding

Carrie, looking forward to your leadership in making CMS more clearly defined in the months ahead!