You need to stay with the SJSU program that admitted you for the first semester. You can submit a request to change your major after your first semester.
You can only apply for one major at a time with Cal State Apply. You will have to send an email to email@example.com to submit your request to transfer your application documents to MSDA. However, you can’t change the program now if you have been admitted by another SJSU program.
Recommendation letters will not be considered for admission decisions.
No, the MSDA will not admit students in Spring 2019. The next admission cycle will be for Fall 2019 enrollment.
No. Your SJSU degree is sufficient to satisfy English requirements.
Current graduate students at SJSU will not be able to transfer to this program. Instead, you will have to re-apply through Cal State Apply.
The Master of Science in Data Analytics program has consulted with the university regarding your plan to apply late for the program for Fall 2018. The prospective students are being granted this exception to apply. Please follow the instructions below. The Cal State Apply application will close on June 1, 2018, so make sure you submit your application ASAP. After June 1, applications will no longer be accepted for this program. The document deadline to submit required materials to the GAPE office (e.g. if applicable – WES evaluations, test scores, copies of visa, residency info, transcripts, etc.) for this program is June 20, 2018.
- Apply online through Cal State Apply for FALL 2018 by visiting clicking https://calstate.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login
- Choose MA in Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Please note, you do not need to enter transcripts or coursework from your entire undergraduate degree; just enter any work-in-progress. You can also bypass requests for test scores and achievements, etc. If you need assistance with the application, please use the icons for the Cal State Apply help center.
- Under the area for Statement of Purpose, please enter “This application is intended for the MS DataAnalytics program for the Fall 2018 admission term per special approval.”
- Pay the $55 fee and submit your application.
- You can find instructions on how to apply here. The full instructions can be found at http://www.sjsu.edu/gape/prospective_students/Fall2018_Steps_to_Graduate_Admission_092817.pdf
- If you have already submitted documents to SJSU, please inform the staff at firstname.lastname@example.org ensure the matching of documents.
- These instructions are designated solely for you during the Fall 2018 admission ONLY.