The Connie L. Lurie College of Education at San Jose State University is a place of transformation, where we prepare educators, counselors, therapists, and community leaders using emancipatory pedagogy across our teaching, scholarship and service. Learn more about our impact by reading through this report and join the Lurie College family by visiting sjsu.edu/education!
Meet one of SJSU’s newest clubs, ASL@SJSU, which is advised by Lurie College Special Education Department faculty member Everett Smith! Learn more about them by joining their Facebook group or their group on the SJSU | SAMMY app.
Shoutout to Lurie College staff member Lynda Haliburton, who recently sang at the SJSU African American/Black Student Success Center Community Welcome and was very inspirational!
SJSU Lurie College faculty member Saili Kulkarni was recently selected presented her research around Disability Studies and Critical Race Theory (DisCrit) as part of the SJSU University Scholar Series and the event turned out a full house!
On behalf of the SJSU Lurie College of Education, Dean Heather Lattimer and Associate Dean Marcos Pizarro would like to welcome its new and returning students to the fall 2019 semester and make them aware of some upcoming events and opportunities!
- Visit http://sjsu.edu/education/financial-aid to learn more about student research grant opportunities!
- Visit http://sjsu.edu/education/dine-dean to enter your name for a chance to join Dean Heather Lattimer, a special guest, and a group of students for great conversation and a complimentary meal each month!
- Join Lurie College friends, students, faculty, and staff for food, games, prizes, helpful information, and more on Wed., Sep. 18, in the Sweeney Hall courtyard!
- Utilize the Student Success Center in Sweeney Hall 106 and the Study and Collaboration Room in Sweeney Hall 446 – they provide advising, study space, helpful workshops, and more!
- Connect with Lurie College at https://linktr.ee/sjsulurie to receive more news about academic and student life!