SJSU Faces of Learning Project | Meet Project Coordinator Briettny

The Lurie College Faces of Learning Project shines a light on SJSU students’ learning experiences – huge thanks to graduate student Briettny Curtner for sharing her experience with us!  When asked about what motivated her to participate, she said, “This project was my first hands-on experience with qualitative research. It provided the opportunity for me to support students, learn a methodology, and curate authentic representation of each Spartan who shared their learning story with us.”

Visit sjsu.edu/education/faces to view the student-curated photo exhibition and RSVP to attend our student panel on Thu., Apr. 30, at 12pm.

SJSU Lurie College of Educaiton Counselor Education Department Graduate Student Briettny Curtner

– Name: Briettny Curtner
– Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
– Year and Major / Minor: Second Year, Graduate Student / Education, Counseling and Student Personnel
– Fun Fact / Hobby: I have been to 13 states!
– What motivated you to participate in this project? This project was my first hands-on experience with qualitative research. It provided the opportunity for me to support students, learn a methodology, and curate authentic representation of each Spartan who shared their learning story with us.

Connect with Lurie College at https://linktr.ee/sjsulurie to receive more news about academic and student life.  Audio edited by Sydney Ahmadian.