Lurie College students – utilize our Student Success Center resources, which include professional development workshops, mentoring, networking events, and access to university, college, and career resources!
General Academic Advising
In addition to support from their academic departments, Lurie College undergraduate and graduate students can meet with the Student Success Center academic advisors for questions about registration, degree progress, forms/petitions, probation, disqualification, and university policies – make an appointment or stop by Sweeney Hall 106 today!
- Drop-In Hours | Monday-Friday | 9:00am-11:00am
- Appointments | Monday-Thursday | 1:30pm-4:00pm
Schedule An Academic Advising Appointment
- Go to the Spartan Connect website
- Select the blue Get Advising button and then Lurie College of Education from the drop-down menu
- Select LCOE Student Success Center as the location for the appointment and the service
- Choose a date and time that works for you and confirm your appointment!
Writing Tutor Hours*
- Wednesdays | 11:00am-1:00pm
- Thursdays | 1:00-4:00pm
*Additional hours are held at the SJSU Writing Center.
Open Study Hours**
- Monday-Thursday | 8:00am-6:00pm
- Friday | 8:00am-12:00pm
**The Student Success Center is unavailable for open study hours during workshops and events – view the Lurie College Student Google calendar for upcoming workshops and events and feel free to register to attend them!
Study and Collaboration (SAC) Room
Additional open study hours are available in the SAC Room, which is located in Sweeney Hall 446.
The Study and Collaboration room is a communal space that is available during the academic year for currently registered Lurie College students and is located in Sweeney Hall 446. The space provides access to a computer, printer, and copy machine, as well as technical assistance. Students must use their SJSU Tower Cards to access the room.
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Thursday | 8:00am-7:00pm
Technical Assistance Hours
- Monday | 2:30-4:30pm
- Tuesday | 3-7pm
- Wednesday | 2:30-4:30pm
- Thursday | 3-7pm
Or schedule an appointment for technical assistance at 408-924-3640. For additional questions, please contact the Dean’s Office – SH 103 – at email@example.com or 408-924-3600.