Dr. Golloher teaches courses in the Education Specialist and Master’s programs. Her research explores methods of supporting inclusive education, including the impact of teacher preparation and professional development on attitudes toward and beliefs about disability and inclusion. As Associate Director of the Early Childhood Institute (ECI), she engages in interdisciplinary research about, provides professional development to, and advocates for early childhood and the early childhood workforce. Read more below and listen to Andy’s personality playlist on the Lurie College Spotify account!
- Ph.D., Joint Doctoral Program in Special Education, University of California, Berkeley, and San Francisco State University
- M.Ed., Early Childhood Special Education (Credential), Vanderbilt University
- B.A., Psychology, Washington University in St. Louis
- Golloher, A. (2018). Adapted shared storybook reading: A study of its application for children with autism spectrum disorders and in home settings. Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities, 33, 35-46.
- Golloher, A. N., Whitenack, D. A., Simpson, L. A., & Sacco, D. (2018). From the ground up: Providing support to emergent bilinguals to distinguish language difference from disability. Insights on Learning Disabilities, 15, 127-144.
- Whitenack, D. A., Golloher, A. N., & Burciaga, R. (in press). Intersectionally Reculturing Educational Leader Preparation and Practice for All Students. Educational Leadership and Administration: Teaching and Program Development Journal.
- Early Childhood Initiative (2018). Position Statement on the CTC’s Proposed Early Childhood Education Performance Expectations and Program Guidelines. Prepared and disseminated on behalf of SJSU’s Early Childhood Initiative. Prepared by Slusser, E., Fusaro, M., & Golloher, A. (equal contributors).
- Early Childhood Initiative (2019). Response to Governor Newsom’s Budget Proposal. Prepared and disseminated on behalf of SJSU’s Early Childhood Initiative. Prepared by Slusser, E., Fusaro, M., & Golloher, A. (equal contributors).
- Golloher, A. N., & Whitenack, D. A. (2019, March). Intersectionally Reculturing Educational Leader Preparation and Practice: The Tier 1 Framework Tool. Annual Meeting of California Association of Professors of Education Administration. Sacramento, CA: California Association of Professors of Education Administration.
- Golloher, A. N., & Simpson, L. A. (2018, November). Bridging the departmental divide to develop collaboration skills in general and special education preservice candidates. Council for Exceptional Children Teacher Education Division Annual Conference. Las Vegas, NV: CEC-TED.
- Fusaro, M., Golloher, A. N., & Slusser, E. B. (2018, November). SJSU Early Childhood Initiative Convening. Stakeholder Meeting of the Early Childhood Initiative. San Jose, CA: Lurie College of Education.
- Golloher, A. N. (2018, October). Co-teaching in early childhood: Considerations and configurations. San Jose, CA: Inclusion Collaborative State Conference.
NOTEWORTHY GRANTS AND AWARDS
- Early Childhood STEM Education: Training and Ambassador Program, Co-PI; Funder: Santa Clara County Office of Education Local Planning Council. 2019-2020.
AREAS OF RESEARCH INTEREST
- Early childhood
- Universal design for learning
- Building Blocks for Teaching Preschoolers with Special Needs by Susan R. Sandall and Ilene S. Schwartz
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down: A Hmong Child, Her American Doctors, and the Collision of Two Cultures by Anne Fadiman