New part-time employee positions at Evolution Trainers.
The first one is primarily to help with the intake and follow-up of new prospective clients, which would be a great way to experience the ins & outs of personal training/small health club business (please see the description below).
The second is a more hands-on position working with young athletes and implementing program design in a dynamic training facility 2-5 afternoons/week.
*Evolution Trainers, a world-class personal training facility located in Mountain View, CA is looking to hire for a new position at their facility.
This position will be responsible for organizing their new client communication, systems, tracking and follow up of prospective clients. This is a customer service oriented position.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Meeting and touring prospective clients
- Email communication with new and prospective clients
- Help with new client placement with our staff
- Follow-up and new client tracking systems
- Managing new client email lists
- New client promotions and campaigns
What we are looking for in a candidate is:
- Someone with excellent people skills – friendly, positive, outgoing
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Organized and good at putting systems together
- Great with follow-up and follow through
- Enjoys a team environment, but also has the ability to be autonomous in completing their work.
- Values health and fitness in their own life
This position would start out part-time at 20 hours per week, with the potential to go full-time with the right candidate. Hourly pay range is $12-$14/hour depending on experience, plus a $275/month group training membership.
contact: Steve Saxe, M.A., C.S.C.S.
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR TIMPANY CENTER INTERNS AND STAFF!!!!!!!
When:10/8 from 5 – 9pm (Healthy Lifestyle Principles); 10/13 from 8am-5pm (Group Fitness Leader)What:YMCA Healthy Lifestyles/ACE Group Fitness Leader Certification
Healthy Lifestyle Principles: Course Description
YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles is the prerequisite course for all other YMCA of the USA Health and Well-Being certification courses. It provides practical and theoretical information for instructors of all YMCA Health and Well-Being programs, including information on effective leadership, basic physical activity and healthy lifestyle principles, and program safety guidelines. The course also covers the YMCA mission, philosophy, and the national program training and certification system.
* 18 years of age, please bring proof
* Current CPR
Foundations of Group Exercise: Course Description:
This course is designed to train staff members in the basics of conducting all varieties of group exercise classes. Course content includes the practical application of cardiorespiratory and neuromuscular exercise science, leadership and teaching skills for group exercise instructors, behavior modification and motivation information, and a practical session on general exercise selection and execution. This course is the required prerequisite for all other courses in the YMCA of the USA Health and Well-Being Group Exercise track.
Prerequisites* (*****BRING COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATIONS FOR PROOF******):
* YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principles OR Principles of YMCA Health and Fitness certification
* Current CPR certification
* Before the course, read the ACE Group Fitness Instructor Manual
* Minimum age 18 years old
PLEASE CONTACT DR. MEGGINSON IMMEDIATELY IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS TRAINING. Call the Timpany Center (408-283-9036) or email nancy.megginson@sjsu ASAP.