IT Open Forums
IT Services has several IT Open Forum sessions scheduled over the next year to present campus-wide IT project initiatives. These sessions include topics that inform the campus about San José State IT activities and give users an opportunity to provide input on them.
The next IT Open Forum is scheduled for:
- Date: Thursday, June 19
- Time: 2 pm—3 pm
- Location: Engineering 285/285
- VM iSupport Requests
- Next Gen Update/Summer projects
- Workstation Refresh
- Data Center Certification
- Info Security Training on Skillport
Join Us Online via WebEx!
There is a Chat Q&A window in WebEx. Questions will only be answered in the Q&A window.
- To do so, click the Q&A window on the right side of the screen
- Click the panelist name in the drop-down menu
- Type your question in the blank field, and then click Send
- Our Q&A Panelist will respond to your question
Note: If you don’t see the Q&A window, move your mouse to the top of the presentation and a drop-down menu will appear.
Future IT Open Forum Events
You can also see the IT Open Forum events and updates on the ITS Events Calendar.
Note: To add the ITS Events Calendar to your Google calendar, just copy this calendar ID: email@example.com into the Other Calendars box in your Google calendar.
Note: This article was originally published in a October 2013 newsletter and is being added to this blog for historical purposes.
iSupport is the way San José State’s students, staff and faculty can get in touch with IT Services, stay informed about computing problems, and get their troubles resolved. Supporting over 25 IT departments and over 65,000 users, SJSU’s iSupport system is used daily by over 100 Information Technology professionals.
iSupport’s latest version allows IT Services a more robust set of tools to route your tickets faster, manage the computers you use every day, share knowledge among technical staff, and make your computing environment better, faster, and smarter. iSupport can now be accessed from mobile devices, tablets, desktops, and social media sites. Anywhere you need help, iSupport is there.
For more information, or to open a ticket visit iSupport.
What is iSupport?
iSupport is San José State’s help desk ticketing system for reporting technical issues. IT staff use iSupport for creating, updating, and resolving trouble tickets or incidents.
When is the Upgrade?
San José State is scheduled to upgrade to version 12 on Friday, September 20.
The new version has expanded functionality, including:
- Complete control over your dashboard with easy drag-and-drop customization
- Better tracking and reporting with the new Pin Board
- Easier communications, with the ability to send messages to requesters from inside the system
Where can I learn more?
Visit SJSU iSupport to watch the video or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.