[This posted updated April 25, 2013] Your SJSUOne password is now the password you use to log onto MySJSU as well as campus wireless and other applications like SJSU E-mail and Canvas. SJSUOne Passwords are only good for just over five months, SJSUOne Passwords have to be reset every 180 days, that’s between 5 and 6 months. You have three options to reset your password, if one does not work; please try the next one!
Please note the Password Requirements. Often, reset failures can be traced to the attempted use of incorrect passwords. These were changed on April 25, 2013.
SJSUOne Password Requirements
Your new password needs to…
- be between 8 and 16 characters long.
- not have any spaces in it.
- contain at least one lowercase letter.
- contain at least one uppercase letter.
- contain at least one number.
- Do not reuse passwords.
Also please observe these hints:
- Do not use “cap locks” when you go to create any upper case letters or special characters. Use your shift key if you can.
- It is encouraged that you do not have an @ symbol in your password.
Example Password: 1Spartans
REMEMBER – you have three options to reset your password, if one does not work; try the next one!
Remember those five questions you answered when you created your SJSUOne account? Using them, you can reset your own SJSUOne password. Below you will see a Web URL. You should go to it from a computer connected to the Internet, this can be another wireless computer that is logged in by someone else, or a computer that has a physical network connection. If you need one, there are Kiosk computers in Help Desk on the First Floor of Clark Hall, room 102, on the SJSU campus that are available for this use.
Warning - Using a computer connected to the SJSU wireless network using SJSU wireless guest access this often fails! A wired computer is best. If you are on campus see third option.
- Go to the following Web page:
- Click: Account Management Login, then click on the link that says Lost Password?
- Type in your SJSU ID number (which is located on the back of the SJSU ID Card)
- You will be asked five questions that you answered when you activated your SJSUOne account. IMPORTANT Answer two, no more than two and no less than two. Answers can be case sensitive
- If you need help with this, and are on campus, perhaps you have forgotten the answers to your five questions, please come to the Help Desk on the First Floor of Clark Hall, Room 102, during our normal business hours for assistance, or choose another option from this list.
- Enter a new password (the password must follow the password requirements listed above!)
- Follow the instructions you are given.
If the first option does not work for assistance with your SJSU ID and/or password, please follow this link and complete this form. The Information Support Services (ISS) group will respond to you via e-mail – usually within 2 business days. Please do not send multiple requests. All fields are required.
Are you on campus? If so, you can come visit us. If you need help with this, or have forgotten the answers to your five questions, please come to the ITSS Help Desk on the First Floor of Clark Hall, room 102, during our normal business hours for assistance if you are here. Tell us you were unable to reset your own password, even though you tried.
I am sorry, but we do not have the authority at this help desk to reset passwords for people who are not here in person.
When you have any future requests for technical support from our this ITSS Help Desk please remember to make the request by either creating a ticket in iSupport and sending it to us, or please go to the following URL to create a ticket for us. Let us know the steps you have already tried. Please be sure to include your SJSU ID Card Number in the ticket: