FedEx recently notified Distribution Services of problems related to outgoing international shipments from SJSU. Some shipments are being returned to SJSU by FedEx because the proper forms are either missing or incomplete.
To avoid shipping delays, department users are asked to complete and include the following documents with their FedEx outgoing international shipments:
- International Air Waybill (IAWB)
- Certificate of Origin (COO) *
- Commercial Invoice (CI) *
- Electronic Export Information (EEI) filing (for commodity valued at greater than $2500)*
* Pertains only to shipping commodities.
All international documents must be provided in triplicate. Please print three copies of each document and enclose them in the shipping pouch.
If you have any questions about using your FedEx Ship Manager account to process an outbound shipment, please contact Sonja Bowsky, Distribution Services Manager, at (408) 924-1592 or email@example.com.