A new feature is available for the requisition, direct payment, and employee reimbursement modules in FTS: the ability to select the appropriate approver for your transaction!
Before today, when a transaction was submitted for approval, all individuals with authority to approve for the funding DeptID would receive an email notification indicating a requisition, direct payment or reimbursement was ready for approval. Now, only the selected approver will receive email notification.
Upon saving a transaction, a drop-down list of individuals with authority to approve for the funding DeptID will display. Requesters will select the appropriate approver and submit for approval.
Note for Approving Officials: With this enhancement, notifications are specific to the recipient and require action. If you previously enabled gmail filters to reduce FTS notifications from filling your inbox, you may want to consider removing them.
Have questions? Don’t hesitate to contact FinanceConnect!
Effective April 5th, the Direct Payment procurement pathway includes additional allowable payment types and FTS has been updated and enhanced for your convenience. The changes include the following:
I. New Payment Types
- Government license/permit fee
- Guest Artist (under $1,000) *
- International recruiting fee (For CIES use only.)
- Master teacher agreement payments
- Public utility deposits (For FD&O use only.)
- Registration (When a check is required.)
- Student Finance refund (For Bursar’s/Financial Aid use only.)
* A Guest Artist provides service to SJSU at a non-hospitality related event, e.g., an activity associated to academics or instruction.
II. Update to Existing Payment Type
- Student Union/Event Center room and audio visual rentals and/or charges.
III. Clarification on Guest Speaker and Guest Artist
- Guest Speaker and Guest Artist services are allowed through the Direct Payment process when no agreement/contract is required and payment does not exceed $1,000; otherwise a Requisition is required.
IV. Description Dropdown List
- In FTS, the Direct Payment Voucher “Description” dropdown list has been revised to include Fees and Services, which when selected, an additional dropdown list will appear. All of the allowable fee and service types are now available to select.
Figure 1: Fees Description
Figure 2: Services Description
Products and services not specified as allowed via Direct Payment can be requested using other Procurement Pathways. Visit Procurement Pathways for complete guidelines.
Please contact Finance Support if you have any questions at email@example.com or 4-1558.
In an effort to streamline and improve the Direct Payment process, the following changes have been implemented:
- The Direct Payment Checklist has been renamed Direct Payment Products and Services. Please refer to Direct Payment Products and Services for products/services allowed for purchase through this process.
- The list of products/services allowed through the Direct Payment process has been revised to be clearer and more specific. For example:
- Services are now specifically identified as guest speaker, game official, medical and physical services, proctor, and student non-payroll.
- Graphic design, photographer, and illustrator have been removed from the list.
- Accreditation is now called Accreditation Fees.
- Refunds to Non-Student/Employee has been added.
- Subscriptions are allowed unless they are online or software.
Products or services not specified as allowed via Direct Payment, can be requested using other Procurement Pathways such as a Requisition or ProCard. Visit Procurement Pathways for complete guidelines.