With the majority of the campus working from home during the COVID-19 Shelter in Place, Asset Services has created a simple Google Survey to track the University property that is being used by our staff and faculty at home. In addition to using the Property Check Out Policy/Authorization form, departments can follow the instructions below to save their own versions of the equipment survey to help keep track of who has what equipment.
1) Click on Telecommuter Equipment Survey folder in Google Drive.
2) Right-click on the “Telecommuter Equipment – *Enter Department Name*” file and create a copy which should automatically save in your My Drive.
3) Go to My Drive, locate the file and right-click on it to rename it by removing “Copy of” and adding your department name to replace this text… *Enter Department Name*.
4) Double-click to open the file. In the first line of text under the title, add your contact information for department-related questions.
5) To protect the original document, the existing questions/fields cannot be changed; however, new questions can be added anywhere in the form.
6) Next, to know when respondents submit their surveys, click on “Responses,” then the 3 vertical dots next the green Google Sheets icon and select “Get email notifications for new responses.”
7) Click Send.
a. Enter individual email addresses or if you have a distribution list, enter that name.
b. Add a personalized message if desired. Check “Include form in email” to save time for your respondents.
c. Click Send.
8) When responses come in, return to the survey and click on Responses.
9) Click on the Google Sheets icon to create a spreadsheet of the collected data. The default file name will be your survey name with “(Responses)” added to the end, hit save. The spreadsheet will be located in your Google drive. Format spreadsheet as desired.
10) As new responses come in, repeat steps 7 and 8.
If you have any issues or questions about how to use the survey or access your Google Drive, please contact Sonja Bowsky, the Distribution and Asset Services Manager, at 408.924.1592 or email@example.com and she will be happy to assist.