To employees responsible for budget and financial management functions, fiscal year 2018-2019 is now closed in CFS (Common Financial System). The Finance Data Warehouse may be utilized to report on the full year of 2018-19 fiscal activity. All future transactions and budget transfers should be directed to the open fiscal year, 2019-20.
The following processes will be completed by July 24:
70000 Encumbrance Roll
- Budget will be allocated to support the encumbrances that were outstanding on June 30, 2019 in funds 70000 (CSU Operating) and SSETF funds (70018, 70019, and 70020).
- Office of Budget Planning & Financial Management will consult with division budget officers in the event that closing encumbrance balances exceeded departments’ balances available.
70000 Compensation Pool
- As a reminder, Fund 70000 salary budgets were reverted to the Centralized Compensation Pool, which allocates budgets based on monthly payroll after the monthly Labor Cost Distribution process completes, similar to the monthly benefits budget allocation
Please contact your Office of Budget Planning & Financial Management team member should you have any questions.
Thank you to everyone who contributed to a successful closing of 2018-19!
The Fisher Scientific punch out catalog in ESM’s Campus Marketplace is available again to users. Thank you for your patience.
To personnel with Labor Cost Distribution (LCD) responsibilities, this is the monthly reminder to confirm your salary information by running your LCD Setup Audit.
Any changes to the distribution of funding for payroll expenses that you would like made for July 2019 payroll must be received by Finance Support no later than Thursday, July 18th at 5:00 p.m.
For temporary appointment funding changes, all requests can be emailed directly to Finance Support at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We cannot guarantee that requests for changes received after the deadline will be captured for the July payroll cycle.
- For faculty who are on release time, please review the Reimbursed Time Authorizations guidelines.
- Payroll expenditures for Fiscal Year 2019/20 will reflect regular/negative pay for the months of July 2019 through June 2020; positive pay salary expenditures (e.g. student salary and overtime) will represent the months of June 2019 through May 2020. Positive pay for Fiscal Year 2020/21 will reflect expenditures for the twelve month period of June 2020 through May 2021.
Please refer to Labor Cost Distribution for information regarding the LCD process and Temporary Appointment Funding Changes for instructions on completing the Employee Profile form. If you have any questions about LCD processing, please contact Finance Support at email@example.com or 4-1558.