Please be advised that Distribution Services will be closed on Tuesday, May 2, 2017 to attend a division retreat. We will not be receiving incoming shipments, delivering mail and parcels or picking up outbound mail and shipments. Normal services will resume on Wednesday, May 3.
With specific regard to inbound FedEx shipments that are held at Dado Street, we will pick up those shipments on May 3; however, if you wish to retrieve your own shipment on Tuesday, you may do so. Please take a picture ID and have your tracking number available. You may also drop off outbound FedEx shipments at Dado Street.
FedEx Ship Center
710 Dado St.
San José, CA 95131
Phone: (408) 975-0893
Hours: 8:30 am – 7:00 pm (if dropping off priority shipments, they must be there by 6:00 pm)
For your outbound DHL, FedEx and UPS needs on May 2, you may take packages that have a shipping label to the:
123 E. San Carlos St.
San José, CA 95112
Phone: (408) 975-0893
Hours: 9:30 am – 6:30 pm (priority overnight shipments must be there before 3:30 pm)
If you have any questions, please contact the Distribution Services Manager, Sonja Bowsky, at (408) 924-1592 or email@example.com and she will address your concerns.
Please forward this message to any staff or faculty you feel should be notified.
FTS will be unavailable today, April 20 from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. for maintenance.
Effective April 5th, the Direct Payment procurement pathway includes additional allowable payment types and FTS has been updated and enhanced for your convenience. The changes include the following:
I. New Payment Types
- Government license/permit fee
- Guest Artist (under $1,000) *
- International recruiting fee (For CIES use only.)
- Master teacher agreement payments
- Public utility deposits (For FD&O use only.)
- Registration (When a check is required.)
- Student Finance refund (For Bursar’s/Financial Aid use only.)
* A Guest Artist provides service to SJSU at a non-hospitality related event, e.g., an activity associated to academics or instruction.
II. Update to Existing Payment Type
- Student Union/Event Center room and audio visual rentals and/or charges.
III. Clarification on Guest Speaker and Guest Artist
- Guest Speaker and Guest Artist services are allowed through the Direct Payment process when no agreement/contract is required and payment does not exceed $1,000; otherwise a Requisition is required.
IV. Description Dropdown List
- In FTS, the Direct Payment Voucher “Description” dropdown list has been revised to include Fees and Services, which when selected, an additional dropdown list will appear. All of the allowable fee and service types are now available to select.
Figure 1: Fees Description
Figure 2: Services Description
Products and services not specified as allowed via Direct Payment can be requested using other Procurement Pathways. Visit Procurement Pathways for complete guidelines.
Please contact Finance Support if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4-1558.