After several delays, Finance will finally move our operation to an off-campus location in downtown San Jose. Finance areas: Accounts Payable, Accounting Services, Budget and Financial Management, Contracts and Purchasing Services, Finance Support, and Risk Management will relocate from Clark Hall to 60 South Market St.
In order to facilitate the move, our office will be closed on February 7 and 8. Finance will resume regular business hours on Monday, February 11.
How will the Finance Office closure affect campus users?
- Finance will be unable to quickly respond to inquiries from the campus due limited phone and wi-fi access.
- Accounts Payable will not process payments for FTS vouchers or PO invoices.
- Contracts and Purchasing Services will not process Requisitions or issue Purchase Orders.
- Finance will not post Budget and Expense Transfer Journals from FTS.
What is not affected by the closure?
- Bursar’s Office and Distribution Services are not moving to the new site. Both departments will be open at their normal business hours and provide services to the campus.
- Though we will be off-campus, you can continue to send us mail via inter-campus mail and reference our campus extended zip, just as you do now.
- Financial systems:
- FTS will be available for users to view, create, submit, and approve transactions.
- CFS will be available to users to enter PO receipts and to check PO or voucher activity.
- CFS Data Warehouse will be available to users to run financial reports.
To minimize disruptions to the campus:
If there are any urgent requests for Contracts and Purchasing Services or Accounts Payable, please email Finance Support at email@example.com.
To summarize the impact during the Finance Office closure:
- Purchase Order encumbrances will not be posted.
- Payments to suppliers, employees, and students will not be made.
- Budget and expenditure transfers will not be posted.
- Change Order Requests will be processed within the normal 5 – 7 day time frame.
- FTS, CFS, and FDW will be available to users.
Please forward this announcement to staff and faculty in your area, as needed.