Dossier Front Matter & Narratives

Q: Where in eFaculty can I upload my Narrative Summary?
A: For an overall dossier summary, navigate to the “Front Matter” Activity, click “Add” and select “Narrative” from the option drop list.

Q: Can I include hyperlinks in my Narrative?
A: You can include hyperlinks to documents on other websites but you cannot link to documents uploaded to eFaculty. There is no guarantee that your committee will follow provided links.

Q: Where can I create a cover page?
A: You do not need a cover page. The first page of the report will include your identifying information.

Academic Assignment

Q: What do I do if I notice an error or an omission in the courses that automatically populate for me?
A: Send an email to efaculty@sjsu.edu.  A staff member in the Office of Faculty Affairs will help correct your information.

Q: How do I include the courses that I taught at another university?
A: This information should be entered under “Classes Taught at Other Institutions.”  Example course materials, may be added may also be added here.  Student and peer evaluations should be entered under “Student Evaluations of Teaching Effectiveness” and “Peer Evaluations of Teaching Effectiveness.”

Q: How can I enter or upload a narrative describing SOTES?
A: You can include that information in your Narrative Statement. Under S15-8 that statement is limited to 2000 words.  S98-8 is silent regarding Narrative Statements, so there is no word limit.

Q: Where can I upload unsolicited student emails, magazine articles about my course, and other course-related information?
A: You can attach that information directly to the course or upload the information under “Other Evaluations of Teaching Effectiveness.”

Q: On my mini-review, I was able to group my classes. Can I still do this?
A: We currently have the options set so that you can group your courses, but apparently that button is not showing up for users.  Faculty 180 updated their system since the mini-review, and we have contacted tech support.

RSCA

Q: How do I enter RSCA publications that are in progress (e.g., in data collection, data analysis, etc.)?
A: For RSCA (book, journal, creative production, etc.) in progress, you can enter information and select the “In progress” option from the “Status” dropdown list.

Q: Where can I enter reviewed/vetted blog posts (not personal blogs) such as blogs hosted by academic institutions to educate the public about research?
A: Blog posts should be entered under the RSCA option, “Electronic Media.” To differentiate a vetted blog post from a personal blog, provide a description of the work in the description field. Additionally, consider selecting the “Other” option in the “Intellectual Contributions: Review Type” drop list and providing a short explanation of how the blog was evaluated.

Q: How do I include publications submitted prior to the current review period but accepted / published during the period under review?
A: Enter these as Status “Published,” indicating the date of publication.

Service

Q: Where would I enter activities such as creating new departmental policies and procedures or faculty development programs, facilitating faculty retreats, program plans, etc.?
A: Enter these under “Service to Students, Departments, Colleges, and the University: Other than Committees.”

Q: Student Supervision Activity Input: Can I put more information about student research in this section?
A: The instructions indicate that “You do not need” to list all students you supervise in this section.  You are able, however, to provide information about student work in this section, as well as highlighting this work in the RSCA activities (where you can indicate student co-authors), and in the narrative statement.

Q: I received years of credit, where can I put that service?
A: There is a category for Classes Taught at Other Institutions.  There is not an equivalent for Service (Committees, etc.).  Under Service, pick the appropriate level at the other institution (department, college, university), select “other”, then type in the full name of the committee and the institution at which you served (e.g. College of X Faculty Search Committee).

Dossier Preview, Backup & Submission

Q: How can I see a preview of my dossier or annual summary as it will appear to reviewers?
A: Use the “Preview CV” button in the RTP Dossier form that appears in your dashboard. When the window opens up, select “Full RTP Dossier” from the “Template” drop list and select the Start and End Dates for your review period. Click “Preview.”

Q: Can I save a version of my submitted dossier for myself?
A: You can export a copy of your dossier by clicking on the “Vitas and Biosketches” link on the far left of the eFaculty window. Then select the type of data view “RTP full dossier” and click the eye icon to view your data. In the next window, select the time period you would like covered and click “Refresh Report” if needed. Finally, at the top middle of the window, select the export file type you prefer, either Word or PDF. The file will download automatically.

Q: How can I export my information from eFaculty?
A: Follow the instructions on saving a version of your dossier for yourself. Select a Word download from which you can copy and paste your information.

Q: Do review committees see accompanying documentation (uploaded files) automatically or do they have to click on and download such documentation?
A: Committees will receive training on how to download and view supporting documentation.

Q: Will I eFaculty notify me when my responses to reviews are due?
A: You will receive an eFaculty notification of completed evaluations from different levels of review. You will not receive a notification about the due date for your responses to those reviews.