Teddy Kebede

Teddy is a senior undergraduate student studying Communications and Global Leadership and Innovation. He specializes in media studies and marketing and is expected to graduate in May 2019. He is the Marketing and Design Student Assistant here at eCampus. I am so glad that I got a chance to meet and work with Teddy. He welcomed me to the team and showed me what it means to be a team player.

He creates visuals like photos, flyers, videos and designs for the departments. His job is to market eCampus events to the 40,000+ SJSU students, faculty and staff. He also manages our social media content on multiple platforms and work as a contributor for our eCampus blogs.

Having him on the team makes a huge difference because he is motivating and a great listener. The way he communicates upcoming events and announcements with our team is inspiring. Teddy has been with eCampus longer than all of us (about a year) and he took on the leadership role of helping us get adjusted to the work environment and culture. One can just get awed by the creativity he has within himself. His output is impressive, to say the least. His passion for creating content and marketing is always on full display in our office. “I love that I am able to be my full creative self. This position was created for me when I first got hired, because I have both design and marketing backgrounds. I create marketing campaigns and design for eCampus which allows me to push myself to newer heights. Collaborating with Adobe and with the university for various events and projects has allowed me to network and work with people who are innovative and encouraging. In almost a year, I have grown so much in my knowledge of my craft. I also enjoy being part of a very diverse and inclusive team. I can count on my co-workers for insight, help and encouragement when I need it.”

When he is working on a design or successfully finished a marketing campaign he humbly says, “I did a little something-something”. He is not only a great person to work with but a wonderful human being to be around. He would go above and beyond to help people in all possible ways.

He plans on working for an advertising/media company that is diverse, innovative and inclusive. He also wants to help create content that is representative of his reality and that makes people feel included.

When asked about his dream job he said, “My dream job would is to be a Chief Content Officer for a major media company or maybe even create my own media company. I want to change the way marginalized folks are represented. I want to help create stories and worlds where new narratives are being told.”

He is a person you can always count on. When he is not working or creating content, he is outdoors taking pictures. “Photography has always been a passion of mine and I am blessed that eCampus allows me to incorporate it into my work”. His personality really comes across in his shots. He took headshots of all student employees so that we can use it for professional matters. Teddy took all the pictures you see on our eCampus social media platforms. His work in photography captures a million unspoken words. When asked about photography he says, “I love walking around and taking pictures of things that catch my eye. It’s a passion of mine to capture something beautiful and immortalize it in a picture”.

It’s impressive how he sees work through from conception to completion. He has a brilliant sense for marketing and communication. I have seen him bring together people from different backgrounds and have them collectively work together. Teddy’s talents are only going to grow from here and we know we’re going to witness huge achievements from him in the future.